All sleepers are not alike. For the best night’s sleep possible, it is important to sleep on a mattress with the level of firmness that is appropriate for you based on your sleep position, history of back pain, age, body weight, and personal preference.
USE THE CHART BELOW TO DETERMINE WHICH MATTRESS IS RIGHT FOR YOU:
Note: If you check four or more in one firmness category, according to Dr. Hall, you would most likely benefit from that level of firmness in your mattress.
• Back, Side or stomach sleeper
• Body weight of 150 pounds and under
• Little to no back pain
• Looking for maximum pressure-relieving comfort.
• Thin, medium or athletic body type
• Prefer or are used to plush mattresses
• All ages
• Rated by Dr. Hall to be between 2 and 4 on the 10 point scale of firmnesses (10 being very firm)
• Back, side or stomach sleeper
• Body weight from 100 to 220 lbs
• Back pain sufferer or just wanting to prevent back pain
• Light or Medium build
• Prefer at least medium support
• All ages
• Rated by Dr. Hall to be between 4 and 6 on the 10 point scale of firmnesses (10 being very firm). This is by far the most commonly chosen and popular firmness. Dr Hall recommends the medium for most consumers.
- Back or Side Sleeper
- Body weight from 125 to 275 lbs
- Back pain sufferer, have scoliosis or just likes firm support
- Medium to heavy build
- All ages
- Rated by Dr Hall to between 7 to 9 on the 10 point scale